Applied Materials Manufacturing Engineer in Austin, Texas
Develops, implements, and maintains methods, operation sequence and processes in the fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies.
Interfaces with other engineering functions to coordinate the release of product improvements and/or new products. Launches, releases, approves and implements or issues engineering change requests as required to support design engineering and Operations with new and existing products.
Uses basic engineering and DFx principles to estimate and reduce manufacturing and/or product costs, and improve delivered product quality; determines time standards and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements.
Writes and releases test procedures. Gathers operational and test data and evaluates results. Evaluates work methods, procedures and policies.
Assists in determining root cause analysis for issues that arise during assembly and/or test of systems.
May perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of theories, practices and procedures within a discipline
- Applies general knowledge of business developed through education or past experience
- No supervisory responsibilities; accountable for developing technical contribution
- Uses existing procedures to solve standard problems; analyzes information and standard practices to make judgments
- Has limited impact on own work team; works within standardized procedures and practices to achieve objectives and meet deadlines
- Exchanges straightforward information, asks questions and checks for understanding
Years of Experience:
Up to 1 Year
U.S. Salary Range:
$64,000.00 - $88,000.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations Make Possible a Better Future.